Happy weekend, folks! What are your plans this weekend, culinarily-speaking? Are there pots clattering in your kitchen, or cupcakes baking in the oven? What's on the menu, and what's on the table? Take a peek at a few good posts from the past week that you may have missed, and tell us: What's cooking this weekend?
• 25 tips for perfect cakes — just about everything you need to know.
• Yes, you can drink wine with birthday cake.
• Layered and impressive: ice cream bombes.
• Best appetizer ever? Mini chicken and waffles!
• And a different sort of app: Real Simple's new recipe app for the iPad.
• Birthday cakes inspired by Candyland.
• Dessert tips for a birthday party on the go.
• Are food dehydrators worth the investment?
• 20 inspiring kids' parties.
• Two cakes inspired by art: Mondrian and Thiebaud.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking everybody!
(Image: Faith Durand)