Happy weekend, kitchen folk! What's cooking this weekend? I am in cold and snowy Colorado this week, cooking up a storm for hungry grad students. Kitchen bliss — and a beautiful extension to winter, with the snow all around. It's one last chance to make curried soups, meatballs, and other hearty ski slope fare. What about you? Is it still winter where you are? Or is it spring? (The crocus popped up, back home!) Tell us what you're cooking this weekend, and take a peek at a few favorite posts from the past week. • A chef tip for better hamburgers.
• When washing dishes do you always use soap?
• Pink pepper — foraged!
• A sign of spring: pea shoots!
• Anatomy of a cupcake — a fantastic piece of food art.
• Black grout in the kitchen — what do you think?
• A beautiful shop in Portland, selling every kind of salt you can imagine.
• A fish that really needs to die. So eat it!
• Slowing down and relaxing with afternoon tea.
• A few interesting finds from last week's Housewares show.
• Some thoughts on helping after the Japan earthquake.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Emma Christensen)