Happy weekend — what's cooking? We are all looking forward to being at home this weekend, cooking something warm and aromatic. What about you? Have you picked up a recipe to try from Casserole Week? We hope so — we've certainly enjoyed all the hot dishes and gratins we've shared with you this week! (There's a casserole in the oven right now, in fact!) Take a look at a few posts from the past week that you may have missed, and tell us: What's cooking in your kitchen this weekend? • Thinking about food writing from a new perspective.
• A few tips for cleaning baked-on food off your casserole dishes.
• Guess the mystery ingredient in this dish.
• Want to win a copy of my new book? Enter here!
• Cheap and cheerful red wines under $10 for all your hearty January meals.
• Food history and frugal tips from grandma's recipe archive.
• A smart, neat way to dice an avocado.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking. See you next week.
(Image: Faith Durand)