Happy weekend folks! Welcome back, and welcome to a new year. We're looking forward to cooking our way through this new year with all of you, and we'd like to give you a little tip: Keep an eye on The Kitchn this weekend. There are some major changes coming, and we're terribly excited to share them with you. Meanwhile, take a peek at some posts from the past week that we especially enjoyed, and tell us: What's cooking this weekend in your kitchen?
• Love this tip for caramelizing an onion quickly!
• Here's our challenge for you this weekend: Make one life-improving change in your kitchen. Buy flowers, scrub the flower, clean out the fridge, hang a picture.
• Sighing over these pretty pots.
• 'Fess up — how many kinds of salt do you have in your pantry?
• An excellent cheap knife.
• Tips for making better smoothies in the wintertime.
• 10 kitchen ingredients and products on sale right now.
• We're looking for this extra-sweet citrus fruit this weekend.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Emma Christensen)