Happy Friday, folks, and happy almost-November. We hope that you enjoyed Soup Week as much as we did. I'm certainly enjoying my soup leftovers (doesn't soup make the best leftovers? Always better than the day before). What is cooking in your kitchen this weekend? We'd love to hear what you have planned! Also, take a look at a few posts that you may have missed from the past week. • A fascinating look at how salt is harvested from the sea.
• A good tip for for faster soup prep. Plus, how to smoother pureed soups.
• The secret to soft pretzels, revealed.
• How to make soup from nearly any vegetable.
• A guide to stockpiling and freezing vegetable scraps for stock. Plus, a full guide to making broth and stock from scratch.
• Color in the kitchen sink!
• Hearty soups with meatballs,
• Halloween cheeseburgers!
• Lilian's soaring, expansive sunny family kitchen in Ohio.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Nealey Dozier)