We love looking back over the past year, and as we wrap up our review today, it's time to look at the top things you wanted to cook, eat, and talk about in 2013. Let me give you a little hint: many of them are the essentials, the everyday basics. (It was the year of the pork chops and baked potatoes around here, let me just say.)
But many of you were branching out, too — making kimchi for the first time, experimenting with green juices. And some of you were thinking about cooking up a kitchen, as our IKEA kitchen renovation report also made the list. Read on — are these the things that you wanted to cook (and eat) in 2013? And tell us — what are you excited about for 2014?
The Top 10 Things You Wanted to Cook & Eat in 2013
- 1 How To Bake a Potato: Three Easy Methods
- 2 How To Cook Tender & Juicy Pork Chops in the Oven
- 3 How To Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven
- 4 How to Make Easy 3-Ingredient Energy Bars at Home
- 5 Green Juice: 5 Great Recipes to Try
- 6 Faith's Kitchen Renovation: 5 Things We Learned While Buying an IKEA Kitchen
- 7 Lighter Treat Recipe: Frozen Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- 8 How to Make Almond Milk at Home
- 9 How To Make Easy Kimchi at Home
- 10 How To Make Basic Tomato Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
All right — this was last year! What are you looking forward to cooking and eating this year? It's a whole new year in the kitchen!
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!