Q: I am moving from Europe to the US and have to leave a lot of my kitchen things behind. But now I get to go shopping in the US for all new shiny toys! What favorite and must-have kitchen tools and appliances should I get?
Sent by Meike
Editor: I'm sorry you have to leave behind all your old kitchenware, but this still sounds like a fun predicament to be in! Here are a few thoughts:
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Cookware
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Prep Tools and Utensils
• The Kitchn's Guide to Essential Cooking Tools and Utensils
• 10 Most Useful Kitchen Gadgets
• Five Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a KitchenAid (Or Any Stand Mixer)
Readers, what do you think are the essentials for setting up a new kitchen?
Related: What Should Our First Meal in Our New Kitchen Be?
(Image Collage: Cambria Bold )