Beets! You're in season and so delicious. You're healthy, you're colorful, but sometimes we lose inspiration for what to do with your green, leafy tops.
Olga Massov from the lovely blog, Sassy Radish, gives some great suggestions on what to do with your beet greens. So often recipes suggest chopping them and adding them to pastas or rice dishes, but there are so many other ways to use the healthy green. If you don't necessarily love the taste of them, she suggests a few interesting tips for making the best of the whole beet:
• Tucking them into your morning omelette
• Adding them to curries
• Add beet greens to smoothies
• Toss with sour cream and dill for a tasty dip.
• Use them in a borscht soup if that's the fate of the beets themselves
• Read more: What to do with beet greens at Sassy Radish
Related: Save Your Tops! 8 Recipes for Beet and Radish Greens!
(Image: Olga Massov of Sassy Radish)