Faith's post yesterday about what to do when your fridge goes out got us thinking. Sometimes even after all precautions are taken, food-borne illness does happen. Those little guys in the photo above might be microscopic, but they can really ruin your day, or worse. Do you know what to do if one of them finds its way into your system? Food poisoning symptoms can occur as rapidly as 30 minutes of consuming tainted food and drink. Symptoms of food-borne illness include:
- Diarrhea (sometimes bloody)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain and/or cramping
- Malaise (general uneasiness)
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea lasts for more than two days.
- The ill person is younger than three years.
- The ill person stops urinating, have decreased urination, or have urine that is dark in color.