Over the holiday break I had a rather heated discussion with a few family members about salt. They were aghast that I didn't have iodized table salt in my house and I was dumbfounded that they didn't keep kosher salt in their pantry.
Smoked, flaked, colored and different textures — what sorts of salt do you keep on hand?
Do you collect them? Have you tried several types but still come back to a family favorite? Share your favorites and pantry must haves in the comments below!
More Great Thoughts On Salt & Tasty Recipes
• From Ocean to Box: How Sea Salt Is Harvested
• Curious Cooks: Why Is Table Salt Iodized?
• Selmilier Mark Bitterman: 5 Simple Truths about Salt
• How To Salt Cure Lox At Home For Less
• Snack Recipe: Extra-Dark Brownies with Sea Salt & Lime
(Image: Sarah Rae Trover)