We are so bad at remembering to set out butter to soften. Then we are standing there, ready to start making a cake or cookies, and oh — the butter's still rock hard. Oops. We often microwave the butter, but sometimes this backfires and melts the butter into a puddle of liquid. How do you soften butter for baking or cooking? Do you have any extra-special tricks for get this done faster?
Here are a few past tips and discussions on butter!
• Tip: Make Butter By the Pound in a Stand Mixer
• Salted Butter vs. Unsalted Butter: What's the Difference?
• How To Make a Butter Lamb for Easter
• 4 Ways To Reuse Your Butter Wrappers!
• Quick n' Easy: Ways to Soften Butter
Previous Best Ways To...
• Cook Salmon Filets
• Wash Dishes
• Cook a Steak
• Make Pot Roast
• Clean Granite Countertops?
• Fry an Egg
• Make Coffee at Home
• Cook a Chicken
(Image: Faith Durand)