Jesa Henneberry is not only a private chef with a beautiful kitchen and a serious weekly meal planning routine; she's also a competitive body builder in the bikini and fitness categories! To participate in these competitions, Jesa has to be rigorous about her workout and her eating, but as a chef, her palate extends well beyond power bars and protein shakes.
When she started competing, she declared, "I am not going to deprive myself," which meant she needed to find a healthy and delicious diet she could rely on. Here's her own recommended daily meal plan — five meals, including two snacks — for people on an intense weight training or strengthening program.
Jesa was very clear that this menu is not for someone training for a marathon! This menu is for building muscle and strength.
- Turkey and egg cups with fresh salsa
- Sweet potato "homefries"
Mid-morning snack/post workout
- Toasted almond quinoa with gremolata
- Roasted chicken breast
- Grilled asparagus
- Baby arugula and radicchio salad with cucumber, tomatoes, celery, black olives and oregano-citrus
- Slow roasted salmon tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice
Afternoon snack/post workout
- Strawberry mocha chia seed protein mousse
- Turkey meatballs
- Spaghetti squash and tomato basil marinara
- Blanched baby broccoli
Thanks for sharing, Jesa!