Of course the question is always the same: what to make? I feel like "new mom" food and "bereavement" food often fall into the casserole camp, and it makes a lot of sense: you want to have something around that will be satisfying, easy to heat up, and will last a few days. But I imagine casseroles get pretty old after awhile, so I set out to do some research on dishes that would fit most of those criteria but promise something a bit more interesting (with a few casserole-type dishes thrown in for good measure, of course). I imagine a big hearty salad or lentil soup would be most welcome as would meatballs to snack on throughout the day or chili to reheat later in the evening.
10 Recipe Suggestions:
• Turkey Lentil Meatballs (pictured) - Megan Gordon for The Kitchn
• Green Chile Enchiladas - Simple Recipes
• Spinach and Feta Pie - Elle's New England Kitchen
• Vegetarian Quinoa Chili - Two Peas and Their Pod
• Mom's Baked Fried Chicken and Gravy - Epicurious
• Spicy Pork and Soba Noodles - Real Simple
• Layered Salad - The Pioneer Woman
• French Lentil Soup - Honest Fare
• Whole Wheat Tortilla Pie with Chicken - Dinner A Love Story
• Lasagne with Sausage and Kale - Martha Stewart
Related: Meals For New Moms: Make Lunch!
(Image: Megan Gordon)