It is just now beginning to get cold in our part of the world, but that hasn't stopped our zucchini plants. They are still bright and bursting with life! What do you do with zucchini and other ridiculously prolific summer squash?
There's zucchini bread and zucchini muffins, of course, but we like to just slap ours on the grill with olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Delicious!
Here are a some more favorite zucchini recipes and ideas:
• Zucchini and Asparagus Strata
• Zucchini Muffins from Simply Recipes
• Curried Zucchini Soup
• Zucchini Garlic Soup
• Zucchini "Tagliatelle" from Dorie Greenspan
• Stuffed 8-Ball Zucchini
• Zucchini-Potato Frittata
• Grilled Zucchini and Grape Tomato Salad
• Zucchini Rice Gratin
• Sauteed Zucchini and Squash with Thyme and Feta
• Zucchini Fries
• Lighter Zucchini Fritti
How do you use up that late-summer zucchini bounty — other than leaving it on the neighbor's front porch, of course?
(Image: Faith Durand)