People like to talk about picnics. They're fun to prepare for, a great way to wile away a leisurely day off, and the perfect excuse to enjoy a long summer day. But we find homemade salads and desserts get the most attention while snacks often get put on the back-burner. Until now. While the 4th of July holiday has come and gone, picnic season has really just begun. And we want to make sure you've got bigger snack plans than an easy bag of chips. Here are a few of our favorite snacks. What are yours?
Try a Recipe:
• Pistachio and Fig Caramel Corn - Eat. Sip. Chew.
• Homemade Cheez-Its - Ready Made
• Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites - Savory Sweet Life
• Savory Roasted Almonds - Sprouted Kitchen
• No Bake Granola Bars - A Bowl of Mush
• Lemon Mascapone Stuffed Dates - Food and Wine
• Garlicky Beet, Chickpea, and Almond Dip - Food 52
• Chex Party Mix - Pioneer Woman
• 15 Fresh Picnic Salads for the 4th of July
• 5 Things to Repurpose for Your Next Picnic
• Bring a Blanket! 10 Dishes for a Picnic Lunch
(Image: Flickr member langalex licensed under Creative Commons.)