This month, we're talking about escapes and food from other countries
—and not just the stuff you have to travel to get your hands on. We'd like to give you inspiration to experiment with international flavors at home.
To that end, we want to know: What cookbooks do you rely on when you're making ethnic food? What are your favorites when it comes to Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Middle Eastern, Italian, Ethiopian? Who are the experts you trust?
We've got a few options below. Let us know yours.Here are some of the book reviews and roundups we've posted on the Kitchn. Tell us your favorites so we can check them out!
• The New Portuguese Table, by David Leite
• Asian Dumplings, by Andrea Nguyen
• Secrets from My Tuscan Kitchen, by Judy Witts Francini
• A Day at elBulli, by Ferran Adria.
• Slow: Life in a Tuscan Town, by Douglas Gayeton
• Pasta Sfoglia, by Ron and Colleen Suhanosky
• Good Questions: Japanese Cookbook Recommendations
• Alice Waters's Cookbook Favorites (including a few international finds)
Related: Travel Inspiration: Buy Local Food Magazines and Cookbooks
(Image: Diana Kennedy's The Art of Mexican Cooking at Amazon)