To that end, we want to know: What cookbooks do you rely on when you're making ethnic food? What are your favorites when it comes to Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Middle Eastern, Italian, Ethiopian? Who are the experts you trust?
We've got a few options below. Let us know yours.
Here are some of the book reviews and roundups we've posted on the Kitchn. Tell us your favorites so we can check them out!
• The New Portuguese Table, by David Leite
• Asian Dumplings, by Andrea Nguyen
• Secrets from My Tuscan Kitchen, by Judy Witts Francini
• A Day at elBulli, by Ferran Adria.
• Slow: Life in a Tuscan Town, by Douglas Gayeton
• Pasta Sfoglia, by Ron and Colleen Suhanosky
• Good Questions: Japanese Cookbook Recommendations
• Alice Waters's Cookbook Favorites (including a few international finds)
(Image: Diana Kennedy's The Art of Mexican Cooking at Amazon)