There's only one thing better than a scoop of homemade ice cream, and that's two scoops. Maybe three. Especially when the flavors mix, mingle, and take each other to new heights of tasty. There are certainly classic combinations, like chocolate and peanut butter, but what's your favorite? How do you stack your ice cream cone?
I'm spoiled, given that I live in the heart of ice cream country. Graeter's, Johnson's, and of course Jeni's ice cream give us so much to choose from. Personally, I adore Jeni's honey pistachio ice cream, which has just the right savor of saltiness, paired with The Milkiest Chocolate in the World. I also think that Cloverton (sort of like cream cheese ice cream) paired with Strawberry Buttermilk is heavenly.
I asked our editorial staff about their favorite combos. Here's what snuggles up in their ice cream
- Anjali: Strawberry sorbet + mascarpone gelato
- Ariel: Honeydew or grapefruit sorbet + French vanilla ice cream
- Cambria: Hazelnut (gianduia) gelato + blackberry gelato
- Emma: Coffee ice cream + Oreo ice cream
But that's just us. What about you? What are your very favorite ice creams to put cheek by jowl?
More Ice Creams to Eat Side by Side from The Kitchn
- Salted Almond Ice Cream + Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Banana Chunks
- The Best Chocolate Ice Cream + Strawberry Ice Cream with Cacao Nibs
- Tangy Sour Cream Ice Cream + Rose Geranium Ice Cream with Pistachios
- Coffee Ice Cream + Buttery Popcorn Ice Cream
- Peach Pie Ice Cream + Brown Butter Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream + Savannah Buttermint Ice Cream
(Images: Leela Cyd Ross: A Visit to Salt and Straw: Artisan Ice Cream in Portland, Oregon; Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan: )