What are your best tips for finding and maintaining a style of eating that makes you feel good? Maintaining a healthy diet is definitely different than the act of dieting. Sometimes dieting is necessary for shedding extra pounds picked up over holidays and vacations, but we're really more interested in the big picture.
How do we, as people who love food, eat every day? How do we maintain that balance between healthy eating and enjoying all those other not-so-healthy foods we love so much? What little habits can help us along the way?
Here are some discussions that we've had on, and around, the subject of diets and healthy eating in the past:
• Goodbye Food Pyramid, Hello Food Plate
• 9 of the Best Foods to Keep You Healthy in the New Year?
• Alton Brown on Eating at Home and Eating Light
• Mark Bittman and His Part-Time Vegan Diet
• Reality Check: 5 Obstacles to Eating Right
• How Does a Food-Lover Maintain a Healthy Weight?
What are your tips for healthy eating and maintaining a healthy diet?
(Image: Emma Christensen)