Surfaces. They play the biggest role in establishing the mood of our home decor. Hardwood flooring, subway tile, natural stone—each and every one of those items sets the home in a particular time and place and on track towards a particular interior style. Surfaces are especially important in the kitchen. They not only give the heart of our homes mood and emotion, they dictate how we function in and around them.
Butcher block counters can encourage you to expand your work area across the bounds of your kitchen. Granite counters can give you the freedom to place hot pots on top of them without worry of making indelible burns. But what are all the choices out there for counters? What are the pros and cons of each one? We have a roundup of information that tells you all you want to know.
When I walk into a kitchen I think the countertop surface and color is the first thing I notice. It really does make that much of a visual impact. Marble counters give a hint of luxury, butcher block often provides warmth and approachability, while stone has the versatility to take on the mood of its color. If you're looking to update your kitchen look, or are in the middle of a remodel yourself, you likely have some of these choices up for consideration.
• 1. All About: Granite Countertops
• 2. All About: Concrete Countertops
• 3. All About: Butcher Block Countertops
• 4. All About: Soapstone Countertops
• 5. All About: Quartz Countertops
• 6. Marble Countertop Pros and Cons
• 7. All About: Lava Stone Countertops
• 8. All About: Synthetic Solid Surface Countertops
• 9. All About: Paper Composite Countertops
• 10. All About: Stainless Steel Countertops
• 11. All About: Ceremic Tile Countertops
What kitchen counter surface do you have? Would you get it all over again?
(Images: Chris Perez)