TheKitchn.com is actively looking for an Associate Editor (Wellness/Health). Please click through for details!
The Kitchn | Associate Editor (Wellness/Health)
The Kitchn is an influential independent online food publication, with over 20 million monthly readers. The associate editor will be a key member of the editorial team, involved in story ideation, assigning, editing and writing, especially as the content covers nutrition, wellness, and the healthy home. This position will report to the Managing Editor with a dotted line to the Food Editor and help concept and build a nutrition-driven Wellness vertical for The Kitchn. Our head office is located in NYC but this position does not require that you reside in New York; applications are welcome from other locations.
- In collaboration with the Editor and Managing Editor, help establish the core goals, concepts, and formats for a new Wellness vertical.
- Contribute to monthly editorial process in brainstorms and post generation.
- Assign and edit stories from freelancers.
- Research, pitch, and write stories as needed.
- Assist with day-to-day production of stories.
- Assist in special projects and administrative tasks as needed.
- Three to five years of editorial experience, in or out of food editorial.
- Web editorial experience is essential.
- Registered Dieticians (RD) and those who have earned an M.S. in Nutrition Sciences are encouraged to apply.
- Proven experience in creative, out-of-the-box story concepting and packaging.
- Effective in managing large projects and freelancers, with an eye for the details that make up the big picture.
- Skilled in research, interviewing, and editing.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to quickly adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in writing and organization.
- Strong, distinctive voice, with an ability to write for a diverse national audience.
- An eye for current trends in food.
- A cheerful, enthusiastic, and flexible work ethic and sense of humor.