Apartment Therapy is actively looking for a Design Editor. Please click through for details.
Apartment Therapy | Design Editor
Apartment Therapy is a daily design and lifestyle site with over 10 million monthly readers.
This full-time staff position will report to the Executive Editor and Managing Editor and will concept, assign, write and edit lifestyle content for the brand. Our head office is located in NYC but this position does not require that you reside in New York; applications are welcome from other locations.
- Working with Editor and Managing Editor, develop and direct all design content, including but not limited to: design & decorating, market/shopping, fashion & beauty, weddings
- Help conceive design stories around themes, trends, holidays and micro-climates for the editorial calendar
- Deliver completed content on schedule for publication on the site and social
- Assign, edit and coordinate engaging design content and recipes from staff and freelance writers
- Concept, package and write design stories
- Work with Art Director to illustrate design content
- Oversee special editorial programs and events
- Responsible for establishing and reaching traffic goals. Monitor traffic, drive growth, and grow design content in both social and search spaces
- Manage department budget
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in digital media or publishing with a focus on Design and Home content a plus
- Experience in managing staff and freelancers
- Skilled in concepting, acquiring, and packaging content
- Experience in editing stories for accuracy, service, and voice
- Experience in web analytics: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Parse.ly
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and adjust strategy and execution in face of new information
- Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Design Editor – Apartment Therapy Application
- In your cover letter, please include links to at least two previously published clips that include photos.