Apartment Therapy Media (ApartmentTherapy.com & TheKitchn.com) is actively looking for an analytics and Insights Manager. A passion for interior design, cooking and our websites is a big bonus!
We are looking for a strategic, insightful, experienced growth-hacker to join Apartment Therapy Media’s (ATM) Audience Development department in our fun and airy Soho office. The Analytics and Insights Manager will turn complex analytics into actionable insights to drive persistent audience growth and improve engagement across Apartment Therapy Media’s digital properties and content distribution channels. This is a key strategic role that will identify opportunities for growth and shape our daily and long-term content strategy. Position reports to the Director of Audience Development.
- Lead the charge in making sure that ATM is a data-driven organization (from story choice, to headline-writing, to social promotion, etc.) to maximize content reach and performance.
- Work closely with the Director of Audience Development on selection, implementation, and management of digital analytics & research platforms including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Simplereach, Crowdtangle, Facebook Insights, etc. Determine how data will be used to inform editorial decision-making and product development. Coordinate and develop trainings for employees on usage of analytics tools.
- Work closely with the Product Team to develop custom internal reporting & analytics platform to be used throughout the company to supercharge growth, and to recommend new features.
- Implement a strong culture of A/B and multivariate testing and coordinate testing processes.
- Oversee development of real-time, daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term reporting and insights. Develop effective, clear, insightful, actionable reporting that is customized for its intended recipient(s).
- Work closely with editorial teams to develop insights and feedback loop that keeps editorial team on top of the flow of content and that leverages analytics and insights to determine content strategy.
- Work with the Director of Audience Development on the development of digital KPI’s and growth models. Help set up benchmarks and goals for content, author, and site performance.
- Work with sales operations team to develop consumer insights and to integrate third party reporting into daily operations.
- 3-5 years minimum work experience, at least 3 of which are in digital analytics, preferably at a publisher or digital newsroom.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, statistics degree, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working with editors and editorial teams to help them understand data, and experience working with technology & product teams.
- Highly proficient in Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, Facebook Insights, and other analytics tools. Constantly on top of the most effective and impactful tools in the market. Strong familiarity with syndicated online research. Expert in Excel.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and a mastery in conveying complex analyses and insights to various levels of management and staff, tailored to each audience. The ability to navigate differing POV on the analysis.
- Deeply analytical. You can analyze numbers quickly and come to the right conclusions with the right questions. You understand how to work with large amounts of data to support or refute a hypothesis. Statistical modeling and experimental design experience preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to Vanessa Warlow