We hopped right on to their site and found that their browsable archive of articles from the 1940s through today is not yet online, but they do have selections from some of their best.
Below, our top weekend reading selections from Gourmet's archives.
• What Is Southern? - A previously unpublished essay by the late Edna Lewis, published in the January 2008 issue.
• Night of Lobster - Robert P. Tristram Coffin, September 1946
• An Alphabet for Gourmets: A-B - M.F.K. Fisher, December 1948
• An Alphabet for Gourmets: F-H - M.F.K. Fisher, February 1946
• Food Flashes - Clementine Paddleford, August 1950