• First, Oaktown Spice Shop. If you have ever shopped at The Spice House on Old World Third Street in Milwaukee, then you will recognize the vibe of this new Oakland, CA shop where all the spices are stored in apothecary jars and the proprietor (John Beaver, pictured above) is very knowledgeable, patient and helpful. I bought some Mediterranean Oregano there a few weeks back and I'm slightly addicted, sprinkling it into almost everything, especially if it has garlic.
• I have a secret crush on Margo and Fergus Henderson so The Selby's visit to Rochelle Canteen, Margo's lunch spot in a converted bike shed in an old Victorian boy's school in London, was a thrill. Be sure to listen to the audio clip of Margo's thoughts on having lunch and how she and Fergus met.
• Have you been accused of being an elitist because you try to eat local, sustainable food? Farmer Joe Salatin gives you some pretty intriguing ways to respond in the article Rebel with a Cause: Foodie Elitism.
• St. Jude's Harvest Hare Wallpaper (pictured above) is tucked into my virtual hope chest for the day when I have my own kitchen and can cover one wall (or maybe even the back of a cabinet?) In Corn or Blue Slate, £60 a roll.
• Jiro Dreams of Sushi, a film about a tiny sushi bar in a Tokyo subway, is being released this month. An astonishingly beautiful examination of passion, the search for perfection and what it means to completely dedicate your entire life to one thing.
• And finally, I'm not the only one who is finding inspiration in the kitchen! Here are a few ideas for your springtime bonnet.
Related: Weekend Meditation: A Short List of Delights and Inspirations