Some of you are on airplanes, some of you in your back yards. Some of you are wrapping your hands around a hot cup of tea (burrr, you must be in San Francisco) or icing it down for an arnold palmer. Reading books in hammocks, exploring the wilderness, staking out a spot for the last of the season's fireworks, catching a movie, a bus, a wave, some rays (vitamin D!). It's the last lick of summertime, so dive in!
Me, I'm going to
• try pickling grapes
• have a friend over for pancakes
• see a German film about a restaurant
• take a walk in the magnificent hills of Marin
• sort through my cookbook collection while getting caught up on radiolab podcasts
• take naps, eat and laugh heartily, and bask in the it's-not-quite-fall-but-no-longer-summer-either bits of September sunshine.
I hope your holiday is refreshing and fun, and I hope you found release, if even for a moment or two, from your labor and toil.
Related: Weekend Meditation: Labor and Love
(Image: Dana Velden)