Weekend cooking - any plans? A suggestion: take the opportunity to make some extra-nourishing food before the busyness of holidays. Hot soups, warm breads, and winter vegetables keep us going this time of year, a preemptive antidote to the sugar rush waiting around the corner! Here are a few menus from our archives - warm things to cook and eat.
No dessert for these menus - we are eating lots of early winter citrus like tangerines and clementines to satisfy the sweet tooth. Plus all that vitamin C is fighting the off the colds; each of these menus should help with that too.
Hearty and Spicy
• Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
• Braised Collard Greens with Bacon
• Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Leafy Green and Aromatic
• Easy Kale Soup for One or Two
• Roasted Sweet Potato Sticks with Rosemary
• Parmesan and Chive Scones
Rich and Sweet (and Medicinal!)
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger
• Greek-Style Braised Green Beans
• Potato Dough Rolls