Our first ever baking contest is underway, and you've got this whole weekend to work on Bittersweet Baking. We're really looking forward to seeing your entries. This weekend we've got baking on the brain, since next week we'll be throwing a lot of baking tips, ideas, and recipes at you.
We are not quite sure yet what we'll make. Those Oatmeal Squares from Martha are a sure bet, but we're wavering between cakes, muffins, and cookies. Lemon sesame muffins? A plain yellow cake with fresh jam? Click for some of our favorite recipes... Cakes
• Velvety Beet and Cocoa Cake - The beets aren't there to disguise vegetables; they just give moistness and an elusive sweetness.
• Caramel Banana Cake - Very rich.
• Cranberry Cake - Easy! Great with nuts on top.
• Mini Blueberry Lemon Muffins - Use frozen blueberries.
• Lemon Sesame Muffins - A favorite, soaked in extra lemon syrup.
• Jam and Ricotta Muffins - Soft and homey.
• Earl Grey Tea Cookies - It's National Tea Month - bake some tea cookies!
• Ultra-Chewy Lemon Cookies - Lemon and cream cheese, so chewy!
• Fudge and Walnut Oatmeal Cookies - More oatmeal!