We know many of you are slogging through a heat wave this week. How about diving into a juicy, cool watermelon? We have recipes for icy drinks, boozy fruit, and colorful salads. Even if you aren't in a scorching hot locale, these recipes are hard to resist! FIRST ROW
• 1 Watermelon-Lime Agua Fresca – quick and thirst-quenching
• 2 How To Turn Watermelon Into a Full-Blown Dessert – or, how to jazz up a weak watermelon
• 3 Megan's Frozen Watermelon Margarita – with lime salt – yum!
• 4 Watermelon, Rosemary, and Feta Salad – a marriage of salty and sweet
• 5 Vodka Watermelon! How to Fill a Fruit with Booze – a tip from Sweet Paul
• 6 Don't Let Watermelon Go To Waste: Drink It! – a delicious use for over-ripe and mushy watermelon
• 7 Arugula Salad with Watermelon and Feta – with an unusual vinaigrette
• 8 Janice's Watermelon Tarragon Fizz – so refreshing!
• 9 Susan's Dry Rubbed Steak & Shrimp with Watermelon Salad – a quick weeknight meal
• 10 Watermelon Agua Fresca – a cure for a dog day afternoon
More watermelon tips and discussion:
Recipe: Watermelon Popsicles
18 Kinds of Watermelon
How To: Make Shaped Watermelons
Picnic Tip: How To Make a Watermelon Sling
Poll: Do You Salt Your Watermelon?
Summer Eating: How Do You Slice a Whole Watermelon?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)