When we watch home design shows (i.e. House Hunters), we're always struck by how many people say, "Oooh, I love the dark wood kitchen cabinets." Usually, they're cherry, and frankly, we'd take bright and white over cherry any day. But these wood kitchens we love—proof that wood can be modern, clean, and warm (but still cool). TOP ROW:
• 1. Cool angles and vintage green tiles, from Living, Etc.
• 2. Rustic, light-colored island, from Elle Decor.
• 3. Glossy walnut in a small NYC kitchen, from Elle Decor.
• 4. A wall of cabinets hiding appliances, from Metropolitan Home.
• 5. Paired with modern lighting, from Elle Decor.
• 6. Oak panels and yellow accents, from Country Home.
• 7. Smooth and handle-less cabinets, from Living, Etc.
• 8. Raised panels and wainscoting, from Point Click Home.
• 9. Horizontal slats in a Zen kitchen, from House Beautiful.
• 10. Dark chocolate cabinets and granite counters, from Metropolitan Home.
• 11. Would you use this wood? From Living, Etc.
• 12. Red oak paired with stainless steel, from Metropolitan Home.
• 13. Walnut and white, from Elle Decor.
• 14. Wide beams and open shelving, from Point Click Home.
Related: Kitchen Gallery: Bright White and Warm Wood
(Images: Living, Etc.; Simon Upton; Roger Davies; John Reed Forsman; Wendell T. Webber; Eric Piasecki; Jason Predock; Mali Azima; Emily Minton Redfield)