• Roasted Acorn Squash with Cinnamon-Butter from Martha Stewart - This dish is really borderline sweet-savory!
• Lamb Tagine with Prunes and Cinnamon from Gourmet - Cinnamon pulls together the rich flavor of lamb and the deep sweetness of the prunes.
• Chicken Biriyani with Saigon Cinnamon from Saveur - The chicken and rice are cooked together in this dish, infusing both with incredible flavor.
• Pork Noodle Soup with Cinnamon and Anise from Epicurious - This fragrant broth must make the house smell delicious.
• Cinnamon Braised Short Ribs with Seasonal Vegetables from Food52 - Cinnamon and a dash of Grand Marnier compliment the intense richness of the short ribs.
• Bolognese Meat Sauce from Simply Recipes - The cinnamon is super subtle in this classic dish, but really warms it up.
• Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder from Real Simple - Cloves and coriander join the cinnamon in this dish for a sweet and smoky flavor.
And a few favorites from the Kitchn:
What are your favorite savory recipes with cinnamon?
(Images: Martha Stewart and Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)