When it comes to the flavors of fall, ginger is one of our favorites. It's as at home in a batch of soft molasses cookies as it is rubbed into a roast chicken. Sweet, spicy, warm, and fresh: these recipes have it all.
• Pear and Ginger Upside-Down Cake from Sunset - Serve this for dessert, then have it for breakfast the next day!
• Braised Chicken with Smoked Ham, Chestnuts, and Ginger from Gourmet - A warming soup, through and through.
• Spicy Chard with Ginger from Martha Stewart - Sometimes simple combinations are really the best.
• Sake Ginger Glazed Salmon from Simply Recipes - Grill, pan-fry, or bake this delicious entrée.
• Ginger Cakes with Molten Chocolate Center from Epicurious - We really like this seasonal twist on the ever-popular molten chocolate cake!
• Maple Sugar Ginger Roast Pork from Food and Wine - Combining maple sugar and ginger in this recipe sounds divine.
• Coconut Ginger Candy Drops from Bon Appétit - Make a few batches to ship to friends this fall.
• Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder from Real Simple - Imagine the gingery aroma of this dish slowly filling your house as it cooks.
• Double Ginger Scones from Tasty Kitchen - This is going on our list of things-to-make for holiday guests.
• Ginger Fig Tartlets from La Tartine Gourmande - A gluten-free recipe for tasty ginger-flavored tarts.
Do you have a favorite way to use ginger?
Related: How to Peel Ginger
(Image: Sunset Magazine)