Planning a wintry escapade this weekend? Whether you're heading out cross country skiing or downtown for some ice skating, here are a few snacks to tuck in your pockets!When it's too cold to take off our mittens, we like to have a few snacks that are easily accessible and won't leave a lot of crumbs:
• Crunchy Granola Bars
• DIY Nutrigrain Fruit and Nut Bars
• Gingersnap Cookies
• Husband Winning Peanut Butter Cookies
• Bagels - halved and spread with cream cheese (also try this quicker version)
Also high on our list of mitten-friendly foods are soups kept steaming hot in a thermos. Here are ones that can be sipped directly from the thermos - no spoon required!
• Cream of Winter Squash and Tomato Soup
• Rutabaga Chipotle Soup
• Potato-Leek Soup
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger
• Spinach and Lemon Soup with Orzo
If you have an extra thermos, pack a warm drink to wash everything down:
• Four Latte Recipes - better than Starbucks!
• Homemade Chai Tea
• Alton Brown's Malted Cocoa
• Hot Apple-Ginger Toddy
• Mulled Wine
What do you like to nibble and sip when you're having fun in the snow?
Related: 5 Ways to Warm Up This Weekend
(Image: Flickr member lululemon athletica licensed under Creative Commons)