But we had a dinner party recently and decided to tackle a number of Indian dishes that were new to us. I usually like to test out new recipes before serving them to friends, but this was an exception: I was craving Indian food and there simply wasn't enough time to fully test each one. So I went with recipes from a few writing friends and colleagues, and dabbled with a couple other sites that I've come to trust. The result? We had quite the successful feast; below are a few of the recipes we tackled.
Do you have any relatively basic but delicious Indian recipes you love?
5 Starter Recipes:
1. Kerala-Spiced Peas (pictured) - Leela Cyd Ross for The Kitchn
2. Saag Panner - 101 Cookbooks
3. Red Lentil Dhal - Dana Treat
4. Chana Masala - Smitten Kitchen
5. Chicken Tikka Masala - Food and Wine
(Image: Leela Cyd Ross)