Nothing says home like a friendly and inviting kitchen. Giving your space a vintage warmth is not only the perfect way to enjoy meals, but sure to draw friends and family around the countertop during prep time. Marketplace
is full of shops and resources for finding vintage-inspired décor, so check out this brief guide on how to achieve this timeless look in your kitchen.Appliances
Investing in any of these vintage reproductions is a good idea for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they are well-built, industrial strength appliances that will last you a lifetime. Secondly, their classic looks will look great in most kitchens (depending on your color choice, that is).
1. Main Image via My Home Ideas
2. Williams Sonoma : KitchenAid Mixer, $299
3. Bed Bath & Beyond : Dualit Toaster, $259
4. Monitor Top : Northstar Refrigerator Reproduction, see dealer for pricing
Build a collection of winsome accessories by scouring flea markets and the online shops of independent craftsmen. Ebay and Etsy are amazing resources for finding those one-of-a-kind items that will give your kitchen a vintage charm.
5. Fishs Eddy : Cake Stand, $54.95
6. Ebay : Wire basket, $25
7. Brookfarm General Store : Wooden Spoon, $12
8. Industrial Relic : Vintage Scale, $32
Pull together a vintage color palette through textiles. Update old chairs by recovering the seat in a vintage fabric and keep your eye out for rugs with oddly pleasing color combinations.
9. Cath Kidston : Cotton and Oil Cloth Fabrics starting at £20.00
10. Dash & Albert : Cottton Rugs starting at $30
Find more vintage kitchen over at Marketplace.
Images: As linked above