A few years ago we did a post here on The Kitchn that featured a few recipes for vegetarian meatballs. But a lot has happened in three years and the options and variety for interesting meat-free meatballs has grown exponentially. So much so that there are recipes that we're really excited to make, that don't at all feel like just a good substitution recipe but a truly inspired and tasty meal. So here's to a New Year of food that fits into each cranny of your resolutions but also satisfies in a way that a smoothie or a green juice just can't.
Try a Recipe:
• Lentil Meatballs in Lemon Pesto - Sprouted Kitchen
• Quinoa Veggie Meatballs - The Small Boston Kitchen
• Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs - Whole Foods Market
• Eggplant Meatballs - Dash of East
• Meatless Meatballs - The Food Network
Do you have a favorite recipe for an (un)meatball?
Related: Meat/Un-Meat: Meatballs for Everyone
(Images: Sara Morris from Sprouted Kitchen)