We embraced Soup Week with abandon — soup, stew, and gumbo are the best seasonal food we can imagine right now! There was this creamy roasted vegetable soup with herb dumplings, a reader favorite. There was extra-simple chicken noodle, and Cuban black bean. There was a family recipe for chicken-sausage gumbo, and a colorful blend of squash and chard. Oh, and let's not forget: Baked potato soup loaded with scallions, cheddar, and bacon.
To complement your soupy pleasures, we also addressed bread (moist cornbread baked in a skillet), breakfast (pumpkin muffins with an eggnog cream cheese swirl), and dessert (a peachy yogurt cake, mixed up in just one bowl). And to close things out, how about an old-fashioned elderflower cocktail?
• Roasted Vegetable Soup with Herb Dumplings
• Cuban Black Bean Soup
• Chicken & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
• Chorizo Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms & Chickpeas
• Bean, Bacon and Butternut Squash Soup with Swiss Chard
• How To Make Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
• Baked Potato Soup With Bacon, Green Onion & Cheddar
• Skillet Cornbread with Creamed Corn
• Pumpkin Muffins with Eggnog Cream Cheese Swirl
• Peach Yogurt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
• Traditional Elder-Fashioned CocktailLast Week's New Recipes: Crock-Pot Vegetable and Chickpea Stew, Carrot Cake, Greek-Style Green Beans, Whipped Sweet Potatoes, French Squash Casserole Kimchi Rice & More
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)
More posts in this series
New Recipes from The Kitchn