To be honest, when Vegan Week came up on the editorial calendar, I wasn't exactly brimming with ideas. It's not because I have anything against vegan cooking, but because when I cook vegan, it's usually an accident. See, vegan cooking often just happens when you try to let vegetables and grains shine in dishes without a lot of fuss.
What I love about vegan cooking is not its fake-meat-like substances, but for its emphasis on simple ways to cook with fresh foods from the earth, without much fuss and lots of improvisation. And the great thing about having five years of recipe archives on TheKitchn.com is that when I do need to find a vegan recipe, I know where to go.
Here are 25 of my favorite vegan recipes from the site, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert.
25 Vegan Recipes from The Kitchn
SECOND ROW - Lunch
• 6 Cold Soba, Sesame and Carrot Salad
• 7 Avocado Lime Black Beans
• 8 Kalamata Olive and Parsley Potato Salad
• 9 Tempeh Deli Salad
• 10 Vegetable and Mint Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
THIRD ROW - Snacks
• 11 A Salty, Savory, Sexy, Scrumptious, Smooth & Spreadable Vegan Dip
• 12 Wasabi Toasted Nori Crisps
• 13 Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
• 14 Za'atar Popcorn
• 15 Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
FIFTH ROW - Dessert
• 21 Chocolate Cupcakes with Coconut Icing
• 22 One-Ingredient Ice Cream
• 23 Che Dau Xanh (Vietnamese Dessert Soup With Mung Beans)
• 24 Sticky Orange Cake with Marmalade Glaze
• 25 Nectarine Sorbet
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)