Ice cream. Kind of hard to take the cream out, huh? But vegan ice cream recipes—and not just sorbets—are out there, made with everything from silken tofu to coconut milk. We found a goldmine of a source, too.
You'll notice that the first five recipes are all from Hannah at Bittersweet Blog. As we searched vegan websites, we had a hard time finding ice cream recipes; it must be difficult to get good results. But Hannah has a ton, and they go way beyond the basics (um, black gingerbread chunks says it all). She also contributed this beautiful recipe in our Best Licks Contest.
• 1. Caramel-Cinnamon Ice Cream with Black Gingerbread Chunks, from Bittersweet Blog
• 2. Root Beer Ice Cream, from Bittersweet Blog
• 3. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, from Bittersweet Blog
• 4. Cheddar Ice Cream, from Bittersweet Blog
• 5. Malted Ice Cream with Soy Caramel Ripple, from Bittersweet Blog
• 6. Speculoos Spread Ice Cream, from Have Cake Will Travel
• 7. Vanilla Bean & Rum Ice Cream, from Manifest Vegan
• 8. Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu Ice Cream, from Brownie Points Blog
• 9. Strawberry Ice Cream, from Vegan Dad
Related: What's the Difference? Coconut Milk vs. Cream
(Images: Hannah Kaminsky; Celine/Have Cake Will Travel; Allyson/Manifest Vegan; McAuliflower/Brownie Points; Vegan Dad)