Instead, we let vegetables, grains and lentils shine. Serve falafel with tahini sauce or vegetable spring rolls with peanut sauce, and you won't get any raised eyebrows from anyone – they'll be too busy filling their plates. There are plenty of dishes that most guests will be familiar with that just happen to be vegan. Set out a real cheese plate for the non-vegans, and no one knows the difference.
We've rounded up a few favorite vegan appetizer recipes and recommendations from our archives.
Serve dips and spreads that everyone can love.
- Fresh Shell Bean and Sage Spread
- DIY Baba Ghanoush
- White Bean Spread with White Truffle Oil (substitute vegetable stock)
- Olive Tapenade
- Roasted Garlic
- Ful Medammes
Never underestimate the appeal of homemade salsa and good tortilla chips.
Everyone loves finger food.
- Crab Apples Poached in Sweet Wine
- Peppadew Peppers (an ingredient that can stand alone)
- Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Rosemary Roasted Cashews
- Vegetable and Mint Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
When in doubt, do shots (of soup!)
- Let's Do Soup Shots
- Pumpkin Tortilla Soup
- Zucchini Garlic Soup (substitute for butter)
- Pomegranate Lentil Soup
- Cashew Tomato Soup
Do you have any vegan appetizer favorites?
Related: 101 Vegan Meals in 10 Minutes