We are focusing on staying in this Valentine's and cooking up something sweet and nourishing for loved ones. We're always looking for inspiration and when this week's email from Jeni's Ice Creams hit our inbox, we knew we'd found a treasure trove of Valentine's ideas. We had never associated ice cream with "sultry" until we saw their holiday flavor list... Here are our favorite selections from Jeni's special Valentine's flavor line-up, with descriptions.
• Dark Chocolate Zinfandel Gelato - Zinfandel accentuates the fruitiness of the finest French chocolate.
• Lapsang Souchong with Prunes in Armagnac - Cream steeped with smoked black tea from China with a swirl of prune Armagnac sauce. An aphrodisiac if there ever was one.
• Goat's Cheese with Cognac Fig Sauce - Like a cheesecake ice cream but lighter and tastier.
• Saigon Cinnamon - Bright, red hot cinnamon (not spicy, just bright and warm) from Vietnam.
• Strawberry Rose Petal - Sweet-tart strawberries with a hint of the lightest rose petal.
• Creme Fraiche and Amarena Cherries - Light and creamy creme fraiche with tart-sweet, extremely lovely Amarena cherries from Bologna.
• Grapefruit Hibiscus Yogurt - Tangy grapefruit with tart pink hibiscus flowers, yogurt, and cream.
Even if you don't live near Columbus, Ohio, and can't get your hands on Jeni's superb ice cream, try working one of their brilliant ideas into a Valentine's dessert. But, a hint, because we love their ice cream so much - they do mail order!
• Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams