One year ago this week, we were heading out on road trips with a bag full of homemade snacks, looking for quick-fix storage solutions for rental kitchens, attempting to re-create restaurant sweet potato fries, and inhaling more cheesy popovers that was probably recommended. Take a look!
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Parboiled and roughed up sweet potatoes got us within grasping distance of restaurant-quality sweet potato fries.
• A cool barley salad with all the best flavors of summer.
• Check out the translucent cupboards over the stove in this kitchen.
• Feel like switching up your dessert repertoire? Take a look at these ten desserts from around the globe.
• Giant. Cheese. Popovers. Oh yes.
• When it comes to Greek food, there's just so much to love.
• Take a look at this quick and dirty guide to American beer styles for some new summer brews.
• Feeling daring? Here's how to crack and eat a whole lobster.
• If pickling is what tickles your fancy this summer, here's everything you need to know.
• And maybe your leftover pickle juice can help with your sunburn!
• A simple fried egg has saved more weeknight meals that we care to remember.
• Some tips on sharing the kitchen - and the cooking - with your partner.
• Sweet molds from Williams-Sonoma make hand-pies a snap.
• Cucumber cups are one of the easiest and most versatile appetizers ever.
• The light alone in this kitchen is enough to make us jealous. Not to mention that counter.
• These four solutions will transform even the worst rental kitchen.
• Ever wonder if you can put hot leftovers right in the fridge?
• Some excellent ideas for make-ahead road trip snacks.
• Everything you need to know to make a fantastic pizza tonight.
A Year Ago and a Week: Tips for Reducing Food Waste and 25 No-Cook Desserts