Sometimes it's important to remember that Thanksgiving is about the chance to have fun with family and friends, and not stress about it being a big meal that can be complicated and overwhelming to achieve.
With that spirit in mind, allow us to present some of our favorite turkey-shaped food displays that will add a bit of humor to your holiday. Whether you make them to serve to guests, bring them to a potluck to surprise an unsuspecting host, or just flip through the photos here to marvel at just how many foods can be made to look like the noble bird — here are 10 examples of turkey-shaped foods.
- Pretzel Rod Turkey - Inside Bru Crew Life: This sweet display is sure to dominate the dessert table.
- Meat & Cheese Tray - Also That's It: The only way this could be better is if the salami was replaced with thinly sliced turkey sausage.
- Cinnamon Roll Turkeys - Pillsbury: These cinnamon roll and bacon turkeys are the perfect treat to eat while watching the parade.
- Nutter Butter Turkeys - Betty Crocker: Set out the supplies and let this be the activity for any kids (or kids at heart) between dinner and dessert.
- Fruit Platter - Steve Dembo on Flickr: The sky is the limit on which fruits you can include on this turkey treat. Just make sure it doesn't end up looking like a peacock.
- Veggie Platter - Lindsay Ann Bakes: There are a lot of turkey-shaped veggie platters out there, but we love that this one uses the dip for the body.
- Rice Krispie Treats - Shugary Sweets: Another fun activity for the kids' table, these can make great treats for little ones to take home with them.
- Turkey-Shaped Cheese Ball - Taste of Home: We're starting to think you could have your entire pre-dinner snack table be shaped like turkeys. They do travel in flocks, after all.
- Turkey Cupcakes - The Kitchn: You knew we couldn't skip cupcakes on this list!
- Leftover Turkey Sandwich - Arts & Crackers: And just so your fun lasts until Black Friday and beyond, you can always turn your leftover turkey sandwich into ... a turkey as well.