Have you ever had fried capers? Crispy, nutty, and briny, these little blossoms add big impact to salads, pasta, meat, and vegetable dishes.
Fried capers take just seconds to make, yet they add such a wonderful, unexpected dimension to even the simplest dishes. Check out Jacques Pépin's tutorial and some recipes for inspiration.
• Minute Recipe: Fried Capers, from Jacques Pépin
Note: Although Chef Pépin suggests large capers and uses a deep fryer, the small, non-pareil capers and a deep pan work just fine.
• Pasta with Fried Capers, Lemon and Goat Cheese, from The Kitchn
• Amanda Hesser's Beet Salad with Horseradish and Fried Capers, from The Wednesday Chef
• Chicken Piccata Recipe with Fried Capers, from Kalyn's Kitchen
• Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Fried Capers, from CHOW
• Spaghettini with Eggplant and Fried Capers, from Food & Wine
Seasonal Recipe Spotlight: Capers
What's the Deal with Capers?
(Image: Emily Ho)