Fried capers take just seconds to make, yet they add such a wonderful, unexpected dimension to even the simplest dishes. Check out Jacques Pépin's tutorial and some recipes for inspiration.
• Minute Recipe: Fried Capers, from Jacques Pépin
Note: Although Chef Pépin suggests large capers and uses a deep fryer, the small, non-pareil capers and a deep pan work just fine.
• Pasta with Fried Capers, Lemon and Goat Cheese, from The Kitchn
• Amanda Hesser's Beet Salad with Horseradish and Fried Capers, from The Wednesday Chef
• Chicken Piccata Recipe with Fried Capers, from Kalyn's Kitchen
• Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Fried Capers, from CHOW
• Spaghettini with Eggplant and Fried Capers, from Food & Wine
(Image: Emily Ho)