With short ribs, it seems like you get all the benefits of a tender cut like sirloin or rib eye, but with the added advantage that they can be braised. It's the best of both worlds, and maybe this is why they've become so popular lately.
Here are a few recipes that we've recently seen and drooled over:
• Gourmet's Stout-Braised Short Ribs reviewed right here at the Kitchn!
• Root Beer Braised Short Ribs from the Miami Herald, 1.8.09
• Braised Short Ribs with Potato Puree, Swiss Chard, and Horseradish Cream from Smitten Kitchen, 12.23.08
• Braised Hoison Beer Short Ribs with Rosemary White Bean Puree from the Bitten Word, 1.7.09
• Cocoa-Braised Short Ribs with Chestnut Puree and Red Wine Gravy from the Chicago Sun Times, 12.17.08
• Braised Chili-Spiced Short Ribs with Black Beans from Gourmet, 2.09
Are you new to this trend, or have you been loving short ribs for years?