This mainstay is a cold snack or meal commonly found in pubs in England. It's a hearty platter of pickle, crusty bread, cheese, sometimes meat, and ale.
Here's how you do it:
• A spoonful of Branston pickle - click link to buy online at amazon.com
• a few pieces of your choice of English cheeses; Cotswold, Huntsman, Stilton, Shropshire Blue, English Cheddar, etc.
• a hunk of crusty bread
&bull pickled onions
• a pint of good English ale
• (optional) cold cuts or pâté
• (optional) apples
• (optional) hard boiled eggs or pickled eggs
(Image: Kathryn Hill)