• Shift all seafood purchases to sustainable sources by December 31, 2012. This includes frozen, fresh, canned, etc.
• Work with third-party, science-based organizations to establish definitions and parameters.
• Enhance its labeling for all seafood items to include information on species' Latin names, origin and catch or production method.
• Use its purchasing power to leverage change within the seafood supply community.
Greenpeace has already updated its Traitor Joe's site to incorporate the new information and applaud the company for "seeing the light."
• A Note to Our Customers About Trader Joe's Seafood (Trader Joe's)
• Trader Joe’s gets a Little Greener (Greenpeace)