- Seattle , WA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- This super small, super sweet kitchen is sustainable! The open-room design (there is no barrier between the kitchen and living space) and the custom-made, 1950s original oak cabinets complete with a pull out area for a cutting board make this kitchen a keeper! Small changes (IKEA stick-up mirror backsplash & switching out the light switch plate) make my rental kitchen my home.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- With only one 6-inch drawer where does one put all of the stuff you would normally store away? My solution? Hooks! Oven mitts, potholders, and a trivet hang from the side of the stove on magnets. Dishtowels and cloth napkins are rolled up and placed in a metal three-tier basket. Stainless steel pans hang on the wall next to the stove from adhesive heavy-duty metal hooks.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- I love to entertain. My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen is dinner for 6 including lasanga, home-made baked bread, spinach salad, and fresh rhubarb pie!
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2012
KitchnVideo of the Day