Tortilla soup is one of my absolute favorite things to eat when I'm feeling a bit under the weather — which just so happens to be right now. The combination of the fresh ingredients, shredded meat and just the right amount of heat is exactly what the doctor ordered.
Some recipes call for chicken while others prefer turkey — there's no right or wrong and the flavor can be so similar you might not even notice the difference! It seems as though any lover of tortilla soup has their own spin ranging from adding butternut squash, corn or even tequila!
Here are some really great versions of totally tasty (and cold curing!) tortilla soup:
• Texas Tortilla Soup, Confections of a Foodie Bride
• Tortilla Soup, What's On My Plate
• Turkey Tortilla Soup, Laylita's Recipes
• Butternut Squash Tortilla Soup, Bitchin' Camero
• Sopa de Lima — Mexican Lime and Tortilla Soup, Soup Chick
(Images: Confections of a Foodie Bride, What's On My Plate, Laylita's Recipes, Bitchin' Camero, Soup Chick)