1. Puréeing Soups and Sauces - This was actually the top reason why we got a food processor in the first place.
2. Preparing Salsas, Pestos, Dips, and Spreads - With all the fine chopping and grinding required for these kinds of recipes, a food processor really makes the job a lot easier.
3. Grinding Meat - Grinding meat ourselves is cheaper and safer (we feel). We just cut whole pieces into chunks, freeze them until the edges are stiff, and then pulse them in the food processor.
4. Grinding Nuts - Our food processor worked great for making the almond meal for our macarons!
5. Making Nut Butter - And if we keep grinding nuts a little more, we'll eventually have homemade nut butter.
7. Making Pasta and Pizza Dough - We didn't believe this would work until we finally tried it, and now we always make our pasta dough in the food processor.
8. Making Homemade Mayonnaise - This is way easier than whisking by hand!
10. Shredding Cheese - This is actually one of the few times we get out one of the other blades! If we have to shred whole blocks of cheese for a casserole, we just do it in the food processor.
What other ways do you regularly use your food processor?