I've heard the next several episodes are supposed to be really good and that the finale is amazing. I can't wait. So who do we think might make it to the final three? If it is a final three. In a season filled with surprises, twists and turns, anything is possible. Like it or not, it's not all about talent. A good finale has to be built on drama, conflict and a little bit of the unexpected.
• Elia She's a little boring, but her taste level is pretty high. And yet, I'm still troubled by the idea that she only wanted to serve three seafood hor d’oeuvres at the LA Magazine party, and when asked to create a cutting edge Thanksgiving, all she came up with was a mushroom soup. I'm not so sure.
• Cliff He seems professional, focused and classy. Sure he was the only one who managed to get sand in his breakfast during the beach challenge, but something about him make me think he's going to go far. He might be my pick for the winner.
• Michael Poor Michael. Everyone wants to root for an underdog but this shlub is just in over his head. No way.
• Ilan Is anyone rooting for Ilan? I mean, sure he's cute and I love his glasses but nothing about him makes me hope he wins. Although I would love to try his Mushroom Paella & Fried Soft Shell Crab.
• Marcel This season's favorite villain. With his ridiculous hair, abrasive personality and gobbledygook about molecular gastronomy, I think it highly likely that he'll make it to the finals. Even if he's not competing, I'm sure he'll be thrown in there somewhere.
• Betty Whether you love her or hate her, Betty has been responsible for or involved in much of the drama this season. And is there anything more delicious than her prickly relationship with her nemesis Marcel? Her dishes seem to bounce back and force between simplistic comfort food (grilled cheese with portabella mushrooms) and surprisingly sophisticated (her black forest ham and egg "bundle"). I'd be surprised if she wasn't in the final three.
• Sam He seemed sweet and goofy at first, but as the show goes on, he's revealing himself to be a bit sneaky and self-serving. When on the chopping block he was quick to imply that Betty may have cheated and that Elia used store-bought frozen waffles. Is it possible that he, and not Marcel might be the villain of the finale? Hmmm...